Image Map

What I REALLY want to be when I grow up

(credit to Death to the Stock photo; text added by me)

I dig my job. I really do. Somehow dealing with screaming, sick children and tired, stressed out parents makes me feel useful, valuable, and fulfilled at the end of the day. 

And while I don't plan on switching careers anytime soon (if ever), sometimes I think about what other career sounds fun. I mean, really, am I the only one that does this?? 

I dream about being CEO in a large company, making six figures, working no weekends or holidays, and having little stress. 

I dream about being an awesome realtor, flipping real estate like nobody's business, and making millions. 

I dream about only working 3 months a year and having a six figure check at the end of it (haven't quite figured out what job that is exactly... except maybe becoming a Kardashian). 

Now I'm sure these dream jobs probably aren't as dreamy as they seem, but I don't really need to know that do I? 

But after dreaming all my dreams, I have figured out my true calling and that is a,

 Radio DJ

Seriously, what could be better than getting paid to talk? 

They always seem to have the best stories, and are up on the latest surveys and fun facts. 

They get to laugh really obnoxiously (of course I would never do that), and try to guess what they think might be interesting to their listeners. 

As an added bonus, if you're on the morning gig then you get up while it's still dark but then probably get outta there by 1pm... Right? 

The job sounds great, but I am definitely realistic about this job and have a couple fears.

(that's my fear face in case you were wondering)

Fear #1 there is a slight possibility (like less than 0.000001% I'm sure) that my laugh might be one of those laughs that causes people to switch the station immediately 

Fear #2 I may forget that the top 10 reasons you should have a regular bowel movement isn't appropriate for radio talk

Fear #3 And the last reason, but the most terrifying of them all is... I have a slightly deeper voice for a girl so would I be one of those DJs that people debate on whether they're a man or a woman? 

You know the type- you can't figure out if they're a manly girl or a girly man, and then if they have a gender neutral name like Aaron/Erin then you're really in trouble. 

Thankfully my name isn't gender neutral so people should figure it out... Eventually. 

Despite my fears, I think I would be a great radio DJ. I don't think my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing will help me much, but I have a lot of experience talking, so that'll count for something... right? 

What is your dream career? I'd love to hear!  

post signature

10 comments :

  1. i dream about different careers all of the time! Wouldn't that be nice to only work three months and make six figures?! Ha now that's dreaming! I love that you want to be a DJ, it does seem like a low stress job though witch would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love your fear face. I think I can relate to fear #2. I would do the same thing probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love it :D I toggle around dream jobs like touring with a worship band or being a background singer :) A DJ would be pretty fun -- I would probably get tongue-tied all of the time! lol How hilarious about your deeper voice! so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!! I would love to be a nutritionist and personal trainer :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think so too! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that dreams about other careers! Haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Touring or a background singer both sound great! Eventually we'll have to make our dreams come true haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Caroline! How fun! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In that case maybe we should just be DJs together and we can make it appropriate haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Done. :)

    *Amanda* | The Lady Okie Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-54475585-1